www.michelles-in-cambodia.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Week 4 - Cape Tribulation - North Queensland

During my 4th week I went up to North Queensland and to Cape Tribulation where I spent time horse riding, lounging around on thebeach, walking and finally a trip out to the Reef.

The view on the way from Cairns (a dull and ugly place to avoid) to Cape Tribulation

My hut at Cape Trib camping (yes, I camped - Kind of...)

The horses are somewhere in this picture!



The beach at the edge of my campsite and Cape Tribulation Beach


The inner reef is right on the beach and me in mangrove swamps


A large Goanna (lizard) joined me on part of my walk in the Daintree National Park Rainforest

I went on a day trip with diving to the Reef with Rum Runner - Here are their 2 boats. 20 of us on the large boat with a capacity for about 60 - It was fantastic!


On the boat I decided it was time that I stopped being so scared (petrified) of marine life and that I would regret no scuba diving at the Great Barrier Reef - In the end I did 2 dives and even saw a reef shark! - I had a great time and also did snorkelling in between the dives.

Parrot fish

A sighting of a rare dugong as we sailed back to the beach from the main boat


Ok .... so this picture was taken in an aquarium - the shark wasn't that big!










I returned to Sydney and my last day was spent on Whale beach (thanks to Catherine for the advice on the Northern Beaches...!) and since others had not yet been to Palm Beach, I just had to go to Summer Bay again!

No comments:

Followers