www.michelles-in-cambodia.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Week 2 - Melbourne and the Great Ocean Road

After my week in Sydney I flew to Melbourne. After rave reviews from many I had high hopes!


Melbourne in parts reminded me of something .... ummm ... Manchester!!


Botanical gardens were very nice though - I love this picture the gull looks totally manic! He just wanted my fries really badly!!


...Then I met my mate from Cambodia who is originally from Melbourne and was by chance in Australia for a bit.... We headed to her place in Jan Juc and along the the Great Ocean Road.








Remember the kids TV show "Round the Twist"? ... well, this is the lighthouse!

The sign at Anglesea Golf course said we were not allowed on the course to "view" its numerous Kangaroo mobs... So we booked a round and I was truly terrible!

Got to see lots of beautiful kangaroos though and the day was finally HOT! Previously we had been freezing in tempratures of 13 degrees - Remember...we are both used to the tropics - Previously, we looked stupid in our hats and jackets while everone else believed it was summer!





A Mum with joey - cute!!!
















Me with kangaroo and bunker where I spent alot of time before just throwing the ball!!



On the way down the GOR we stopped at my mate's favoured spot for Koalas... we were very sucessful and I took about 200 pictures in 10 minutes - ooops.




The 12 Apostles - Famous Aussie sight. Not bad at all.

No comments:

Followers